There’s always one annoying place in every house that doesn’t catch Wi-Fi signals, right?
TP-Link’s model RE220 range extender is the ultimate solution for all those dead ends of your house. Maybe in some cause, you want to share wi-fi with your neighbors. Here’s a detailed review of all of its features and specifications.
TP-Link AC750 Wi-Fi Range Extender
- Extend Wi-Fi Coverage - Boost Internet Wi-Fi coverage up to 1200 square feet and connects up to 20 devices - Compatible with Wi-Fi Router, Gateway, Access Point (2.4GHz - 300Mbps ; 5GHz - 433Mbps)
It has a sleek and compatible design. The RE220 is a white-colored small device with a textured outer layer. There are lines all over the white color. Due to its elegant design, it can be said one of the best wireless extenders.
The LED lights indicate both the radio bands, signal strength to the router, WPS, power activity and LAN port or Ethernet activity. Check Price from Amazon
Design TP-Link AC750 Wi-Fi Range Extender
- The finish is very elegant and will look good with any kind of interior of your home. At the back, there is a two-pronged plug. This plug is used to insert the device in the current outlet of the wall.
- On the front of the device, there are LED indicators for different features according to their current performance. Usually, the green light means a suitable signal or signal strength and the red light means weak signal strength.
- The LED lights indicate both the radio bands, signal strength to the router, WPS, power activity, and LAN port or Ethernet activity.
- At the bottom of the extender device, there is a LAN port and a reset button. The LAN port is used for wired connection with the Ethernet. In this way, it acts as a wireless adapter for devices that don’t have built-in connectivity to the Wi-Fi network.
- It has a Fast Ethernet port. In spite of the name, it is slower than the Gigabit Ethernet ports. This type of port can be seen in Netgear EX7300 and amped wireless REC44M.
- The RE220 has three internal antennas that will not affect the compact design of the device. With all of this, the internally built antennas will ensure the signal goes at every little corner of the house.
- Settings can be accessed by a web console or a tethering mobile app for both iOS and Android. It has dual-band technology. You can also check other best [multiproduct] for tri-band range extenders.
- The RE220, placed between the Wi-Fi router and the wireless devices, will extend your Wi-Fi signals and will boost them. Thus, you’ll receive maximum coverage even if you’re sitting at a far place from your router.
- Dual-radio band technology provides you with a high 2.4 and 5 GHz frequency bands. Moreover, a total of 32 devices can be connected at a time. The RE220 will ensure a stable connection on all the connected devices due to its dual-band frequency ranges.
- It gives you a total of 750 Mbps dual-band connection speed.
- RE220 extender or booster has a smart signal indicating LED light that will help you while locating the device at a specific place.
- By the Ethernet port connection, it can turn your wired internet connection to a wireless access point. It can also work as a wireless adapter for connection with wired devices.
- It is compatible with almost every Wi-Fi router or access point. Making it very easy for you to expand your Wi-Fi connection and boost its strength.
- Easy and smart management and setup using the TP-Link Tether app for iOS and Android.
- The high-speed mode on the RE220 Wi-Fi range extender directs one band for the router to extender connection and the other band provides a dedicated extender to client connection. Thus, providing you with an increased performance rate.
- Small and wall fit portable design make it easy to move anywhere and everywhere.
- This range extender compared to other high-end extenders is much compatible, and has internal antennas instead of those bulky outer antennas in some devices.
TP-link AC750 Support
In addition to all the above-mentioned features, if you come across any difficulty or technical issue, you have 2-year free support. You can contact TP-Link for any issue. They have 24/7 service free of cost during or after the setup for their customers.
Setting up TP-Link AC750 Wi-Fi Range Extender (RE220) Software
- The TP-Link range extender should be placed between the Wi-Fi router or access point and the place where the wireless device is placed. You can take help from the Led light while placing the range extender to the ideal spot. It will tell you about the signal strength at any place. Make sure there is a power outlet at the place you are placing the extender. As the plug of the RE220 extender is to be attached to the outlet on the wall.
- The settings can be accessed using the web console or the tether mobile app by TP-Link. Both ways are easy and understandable for setup. Web console opens to a status page and a menu bar.
- The status page has all the available networks and bands with their basic information and MAC addresses. The menu bar has all the account settings, system tools, and TP-Link cloud, etc.
- The wireless settings will allow you to select a security mode between WPA, WPA2, WPA/WPA2, and WPE. You can select and change the name and password from extended network settings.
- Select the network settings to automatically obtain an IP address and other information. You can select a power schedule to turn the extender on and off from the advanced settings.
An extender including all these features at an affordable price as the TP-Link AC750 RE220 is a steal. It is a better version of RE200 and RE210. This TP-Link AC750 will make your internet signals stronger and make them reach every corner of your house.
Now you can enjoy browsing with high speed internet at any place without even spending too much. Isn’t it the best?
The TP-Link AC750 will always be on our and every user’s top list because of its user-friendly features.