A wireless router is one of the key advancements in the present technology era.
As the need for the internet is increasing day by day or should we say the dependency on the internet is increasing, the complexity and their solutions are also evolving day by day.
- Ultra-performance Mesh WiFi network blankets every inch of your home in super fast and seamless WiFi connectivity - room to room, wall to wall, floor to floor
A single router can be a good solution for a small area but as the size of the building or area increases, the need for a more advanced technology also arrives. So here comes a very simple solution for it, a mesh Wi-Fi system.
Online gaming experts should also consider the fact that this product will provide them with uninterrupted services of internet flow but the catch is that you can use it not only in front of the router but in any part of your home at your comfort level.
This means that you don’t have to worry about the weak Wi-Fi signals from far end of your home or office.
If you are a person who has an interest in traveling but worries about the disconnection with the rest of the world. Then you should know that there are multiple travel routers available in the market that can help you with.
But for the home based users or small office users this product is a must have. You will fall in love with it immediately, as who doesn’t like to have a blazing high speed internet throughout the same premises.
Here we guide you to choose the best available Wi-Fi router which in our opinion is the NetGear Orbi RBK50 Tri-Band Mesh AC3000.
Brand Name: Netgear | Series: RBK50 | Model Num: AC3000 – Router has 1 Ethernet WAN port+ 3 Ethernet LAN port + 1 USB 2.0 port + Standard DC power port | Product Dimensions: 6.67 x 2.36 x 8.89 inches (16.9 x 5.9 x 22.5cm; W x D x H) each | Antenna: Six (6) high performance antennas with high-powered ampliﬁers | Memory: 512MB RAM and 512MB NAND Flash | Ports: 4 x 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet ports |
Although they are considered as a single unit.It successfully provides lag free internet facility in each and every room of your home or office. Check Price from Amazon
The Netgear RBK50 is comprised of two units, one is the router and the other is the satellite. Although they are considered as a single unit. They are almost identical in their appearance with very few changes which differentiates them in their look. However, their functions are totally different from each other.
After the complete setup of satellite and router, you will be able to receive the same speed of internet through Wi-Fi in any part of your home or office. It successfully provides lag free internet facility in each and every room of your home or office, in just three simple steps.
- One: Connect the router to your internet device.
- Two: Put the satellite in your desired position
- Three: switch it on, sync both devices and you are good to go.
The LED on the ORBI’s satellite will tell you about the health of your network connection. E.g. blue light means a good connection, amber light means a fair connectivity and magenta light means poor strength.
- The speed highly relies on the position of your satellite. As the Orbi router, itself gives you very high coverage.
- The Netgear RBK50’s powerful features also include port forwarding, dynamic DNS settings, and Netgear’s web-filtering.
- The RBK50 wireless router also offers three Ethernet ports for wired devices and the Satellite gives another four, this can be useful in direct connectivity also.
- The ideal antenna separation has LED to give enhanced Wi-Fi range while the RF crosstalk interference is minimized.
The satellite support three different Wi-Fi signal bands. 2.4GHz, 5GHz, and another hidden 5GHz which is not accessible to any user. This specific Wi-Fi band is used between satellite and router to deliver the Wi-Fi signals. Thus allowing to free up the remaining bandwidths for the internet users.
Technical Specs: NetGear Orbi RBK50 Mesh AC3000
- Wireless Connectivity: Tri-band 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (802.11b/g/n at 2.4GHz, 802.11a/n/ac at 5GHz); AC3000 (1733 + 866 + 400Mbps); MU-MIMO capable
- Memory: 512MB RAM and 512MB NAND Flash
- Processor: Powerful Quad-Core 710MHz
- Storage: 4GB Flash
- Beamforming: Implicit and Explicit for 2.4 & 5GHz bands
- The satellite has 4 Ethernet LAN ports + 1 USB 2.0 port + standard DC power port.
- Sync Button: this button is present on both devices.
- Weight: 1.96 pounds (889g) each
- Modem: None
- Stated speed: It provides the fast speed of 866Mbits/sec (5GHz), 400Mbits/sec (2.4GHz)
- Wall mountable: No
- Wi-Fi coverage: 5,000 sq. ft.
- MU-MIMO: capable for simultaneous data streaming to multiple devices
- Dedicated Wi-Fi link: 5GHz (1733Mbps) for faster data connections between ORBI router and ORBI Satellite
- Security: Standards-based Wi-Fi Security (802.11i, 128-bit AES encryption with PSK)
- Color: satellite is completely matte white, router is also matte white but it has a blue top
- Material: matte plastic
- Inside the box: 1 ORBI Router (RBR50v2), 1 ORBI Satellite (RBS50v2), 1 Ethernet cable of 2m, 2 12V/3.5A power adapters, and a Quickstart guide.
As you go through the web based portal, it allows you to set the new admin password, a new Orbi wireless network name and a password for it. No need to worry about the satellite as it automatically syncs with the router.
Unlike the old wifi extenders, which used to create different networks as you connect your routers to them, Netgear RBK50 gives you only ONE network for your entire home or office.
Although this device has its variety of pros and cons, the quality of service it provides at a higher cost is absolutely worth it.
Once you have used this device and then let go of it, you will crave its high speed and smooth connectivity. This product gives a very tough competition to other market available mesh devices.
This device works wonders for you if you have a problem of getting even speed due to thick walls, or using it in the basement, or even in the garden. You will have one SSID to use throughout your home or office despite the fact that there is a satellite involved in between.
Which in most cases (nodes or routers) doesn’t facilitates this way. This device is definitely a must-try.