Do you devote most of your time sitting on the computer? Then, surely, you would know the importance of having the right laser mouse that works with a cost-effective router, can make your life easier! Thinking of choosing between MX Master vs MX Master 2S, right?
A handy mouse can help you pick pace at work and finish the task more efficiently.
In this aspect, multiple Logitech mouse has come up with fantastic options. It has presented the world with few world-class mice that you must try your hands on.
This review would cover the MX Master vs. MX Master 2S. On the surface, these two might look very similar, but there are few key differences between them when you look keenly. Both are the wireless mouse that knows how to pick the wifi signals.
MX Master vs MX Master 2S – Comparison Overview
To begin with, the Logitech MX Master has been a revolutionary device capable of connecting up to 3 devices with the most straightforward touch of a button.
However, the button is at the base, so you would have to go through the ordeal of flipping the mouse every time you need to make the switch.
Nonetheless, it is a perfect choice if you want to operate at different systems simultaneously.
Moreover, if you consider MX Master 2S, there is not much that sets the two apart. It can also connect up to 3 devices and work flawlessly on almost all the operating systems.
What are you choosing between then? You begin to see the differences when you dig deeper. For example, MX Master 2S does not need you to press a button to switch.
- Unique thumb wheel: For horizontal navigation and advanced gestures
- Cross computer control: Game changing capacity to navigate seamlessly on 3 computers, and copy paste text, images, and files from 1 to the other using Logitech flow
Instead, it relies on the in-house Logitech flow software that will help you move seamlessly between computers. With super-fast scrolling mode, your tasks will be comfortable and productive!
This was just a glance! Now, without further delay, let us take you through the detailed review of the two mice, their pros, cons, and features, which would help you make the right choice.
Brand Name: Logitech | Model Number: MX Master | Connectivity: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or later; Mac OS X 10.8 or later | Dimensions: 126 x 85.7 x 48.4 mm | Weight: 145 g |
The sensors enable the mouse to function flawlessly on any surface, whether it be glass or a lustrous exterior! Check Price from Amazon
Logitech MX Master Review
Logitech MX Master is a light-weight, ergonomically designed mouse that tracks pretty well. Lithium polymer batteries make it perfect for prolonged use without the need for recharging.
Contrary to MX Master 2S, you might feel the scroll wheel is not precise enough. Many users find it unsatisfactory when reading webpages or scrolling through long documents.
We are also not a huge fan of knowing how these buttons are under the mouse. That means you need to flip it over every time you need to make a switch.
The tertiary buttons may seem to be uncomfortable, especially when coupled with the high-end price.
Nonetheless, the features have outweighed drawbacks for many customers who think that it is the best wireless mouse you can choose for the Windows or Mac operating systems.
Amazing Design and Tracking
- The MX Master comes with Logitech DarkField laser technology. It allows for precise use on almost all surfaces, including glass and highly-glossy texture.
- On top of this, the size of the mouse is perfect for the hands of average adults. The buttons are reasonably placed and can be used comfortably even by users who have smaller palms.
- This design counts for a lot when considering long-term use or performing lengthy scrolling.
Easy To Setup
- The device set up, and connectivity is far from the complex with MX Master. Once it is on, you can connect up to 3 devices using the Easy-Switch button.
- Furthermore, to unlock the machine use to a full extent, we recommend installing Logitech Options.
- The customization possible with this program is remarkable allowing you to play around with several features such as reassigning button functions or adjusting scrolling speed.
Speed-Adaptive Scroll Wheel
- The classic design for the scroll wheel allows it to shift between different scrolling modes in response to your touch.
- The click-to-click method also helps in precise and ratcheted movement. When using it hastily, the wheel will spin hyper-fast, allowing you to “fly” through pages within seconds.
- Whether you are using Macbook, Macbook Pro, or any up to date laptop, the Bluetooth connectivity offered by MX Master is fantastic and without interruptions
- You are also in safe hands if you are using older devices that rely on USB dongles. The connection strength is reliable in this case too.
- Furthermore, the company offers Logitech unifying dongle that can connect multiple Logitech devices through a single dongle.
Brand Name: Logitech | Model Number: MX Master 2X | Connectivity: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or later; Mac OS X 10.8 or later | Dimensions: 126 x 85.7 x 48.4 mm | Weight: 144.8 g |
The FLOW software lets you jump from one computer to next simply by moving the pointer to the edge. No button needed! Check Price from Amazon
Logitech MX Master 2S Review
Logitech MX Master 2S may look pricey first, but it is one of the top picks in mice for general purpose use as the device works great on all surfaces.
The innovative features make it a perfect fit for multi-taskers and those who like to use multiple Macs and PCs, making it the most comfortable.
All in all, the Logitech MX Master 2S is responsive, easy to use, and fit for multi-tasking. A single charge can also last up to 2 months.
Both wired and wireless connectivity is possible and works smoothly with great flexibility.
Last but not the least, with the innovative design and amazing build quality, the MX Master 2S tops the list of the general-purpose mouse.
Amazing Battery Life
- As compared to 40 days of battery offered by MX Master, the later can last up to 70 days after a full charge.
- It means the new Logitech improved the capacity for the battery to last more days per charge.
- They also charged more quickly. Users praise that this mouse can get enough power to continue a full day after just 5 minutes of charging.
Accuracy of the Device
- Like MX Master, this mouse comes equipped with Darkfield Laser Technology to help the mouse work flawlessly on glossy surfaces.
- It will not be a disappointment if you plan to use it on glass or any other high-gloss surface. The only requirement is that the thickness of the plain should at least be 4 mm.
- Furthermore, the mouse has great accuracy when it comes to tracking. It responds well to tiny movements. Unlike other cheap models, Logitech MX Master 2S will feel great in your hands.
- MX Master 2S came with a 4000 dpi sensitivity level! Very handy when you want to move around on larger displays or through multiple windows.
- Due to its increased sensitivity, Logitech 2S is a must-have for office use or frequent gamer. You can also benefit from it while working on CAD projects or larger tasks.
Logitech In-House FLOW Software
- The in-built FLOW support is the feature that Logitech installed in MX Master 2S. The improvement helps you connect with multiple computers without relying on the click of a button.
- How does shifting from one computer to the other works then? All you have to do is move the pointer to the edge of the computer, and it will automatically jump to the next.
- In this manner, the FLOW software also works as a file-sharing hub between connected computers.
- You can copy a file and paste it directly to another device without the click of a button. Also, it saves a lot of time if you frequently work with multiple computers.
MX Master vs MX Master 2S: Final Verdict
Just like all other gadgets, the best choice when it comes to the mouse is the one that satisfies all the requirements you are looking for. If the price is the main factor under question, then it is best to choose the Logitech MX Master.
It is cheaper than the alternative and somewhat equally capable of elevating your work to a whole new level. On the other hand, MX Master 2X may be an expensive option, but it can boost your productivity across multiple workstations.
The battery life is great; it comes with higher sensitivity settings and is more suited for various purposes. The versatile use and the FLOW software are benefitting, especially if you often work with multiple computers.