Logitech G502 Hero along with other members of the same brand is quite popular among gamers.
For players of MMO and MOBA games, a high-quality gaming mouse is of utmost importance.
- Hero 25K sensor through a software update from G HUB, this upgrade is free to all players: Our most advanced, with 1:1 tracking, 400+ ips, and 100 - 25,600 max dpi sensitivity plus zero smoothing, filtering, or acceleration
Since these games involve several operations at the same time, sometimes the keyboard keys aren’t enough for them.
Logitech G502 Hero
This is why special gaming mice are designed which have added keys for heavy-duty gaming.
Some basic qualities of these mice include lag-free functions, good quality software, compatibility with a wide range of hardware platforms, quality, durability, etc.
Brand name: Logitech G | Series: Logitech G502 HERO High-Performance Gaming Mouse | Model number: 910-005469 | 11 Programmable buttons | Hardware platform: PC | Added extra weights: 5 weights of 3.6 g each | Resolution: 200 to 16,000 DPI | RGB LIGHTSYNC lighting |
With HERO’s heroic features due to its high-quality optical sensor, you can enjoy superior tracking accuracy across the entire range of DPIs. Check Price from Amazon
Logitech G502 Review
Logitech G502 Hero is truly a heroic addition to the Logitech family of gaming mice and takes pride in being famous among those who understand quality. It provides good value for money by being packed with features all gamers desire.
For your better understanding of the product and the value it offers, we will provide a detailed Logitech G502 Hero review so that all your questions regarding the product are answered.
Your router is the thing that lets your devices connect the internet, it doesn’t actually provide it though.
16K HERO Sensor
- The highlight of this product is its next-generation optical sensor called 16 HERO (High-Efficiency Rated Optical) sensor. This sensor has higher performance and energy efficiency over previous generations and is the most accurate gaming sensor. HERO is capable of moving 400+ IPS (Inches per Second) and across the DPI range of 100 to 16,000 DPI.
- Also, the 16k HERO sensor uses a light source to track movements relative to the surface and has excellent tracking accuracy. This removes smoothing or filtering which means the hardware won’t try to predict your mouse movements. Mouse smoothing isn’t recommended for gaming because it may try to interfere with your aim.
- The 16k HERO sensor also removes acceleration meaning your cursor will move with the movements of your mouse and won’t lag behind. For consistent responsiveness, HERO has been proven just the right choice.
11 Programmable Buttons
- Being programmable means, you can customize the buttons according to your needs by assigning tasks to the keys. For different characters or games, you might need different functions from the mouse keys. Programming these buttons according to your requirements saves you many hassles during long marathons.
- Now you will have complete control under your fingertips and can carry it anywhere along with you. Furthermore, the button placement is also convenient to prevent any strains caused to hand muscles.
- Onboard memory means you can save any settings you have made to the mouse in the mouse itself. Such that when you use your mouse on some other PC, you won’t have to make those settings all over again. Logitech G502 HERO has 5 memory profiles so that you can save up to 5 different button customizations made to your mouse for different games.
- You can set your DPI settings to any sensitivity level from 200 to 16,000 DPI in Logitech G502 HERO. High DPI level means you can move your cursor across the whole screen and at very high speed without much physical movement by your hands. These DPIs are customizable and can be easily tuned by Logitech G HUB.
- You can shift from one SPI setting to the next quickly with the DPI shift button positioned at the left side of your mouse and is conveniently approachable to your fingers. You can customize your DPI settings using G HUB for a smooth transition or can program this button to perform some other function as well.
Customizable RGB Lighting
- Using the next-gen LIGHTSYNC technology, you can choose from the spectrum of 16.8 million colors and can tune those colors with games, audio, or your screen. You may even sync these colors with other Logitech devices for the best illumination effects.
- Two zones i.e. DPI indicators and the Logitech logo are illuminated by this RGB lighting.
Mechanical Switch Button Tensioning
- Underneath the buttons of mice and keyboards, a switch mechanism exists that shows the response in the form of sound. When you press a key, you get an audio response in the form of clicking sound which lets you know that your input has been received.
- Logitech G502 uses a metal spring tensioning system and pivot hinges that produce a clean and crisp sound whenever you press the buttons with minimal actuation force.
- The mouse is durable and guaranteed to last up to 50 million clicks, which is a fairly high number.
Customizable Weight Tuning
- You can even customize the weight of the mouse with the 5 weights each weighing 3.6 g for the right balance and feel.
Easy to Use Software
- The Logitech G HUB software is where you tune all your customizations like button configurations, LED light settings, etc. It is lag-free software, quite easy to use, and the installation only takes a few minutes.
- A new Logitech G502 HERO is priced at $79 which isn’t a high price considering the value it proposes.
- Although it is higher than some of its competitors, yet the features compensate for this price. Any good gaming mouse has more or less the same price point and the brand name itself translates into quality.
- This feature might come as a con for many since people mostly prefer wireless gaming mice. Logitech being a well-known brand was also capable of making a battery-run mouse. However, this feature might be suitable for some users.
Final Verdict Logitech G502
To sum up the whole Logitech G502 Hero review, we could say that Logitech G502 is a pretty good option when it comes to gaming mice.
Its 16k HERO sensor gives a very tough competition to others and produces consistent responsiveness, high-quality performance, zero acceleration, and zero smoothings or filtering.
The only known issue is button failure much earlier than promised which although is quite serious, yet has a very low chance of occurring.