Nobody understands the need for an amazing pair of headphones better than die-hard gamers. Isn’t that why you came here looking for a Logitech G230 vs G430 review?
There are many brands that will promise to deliver the best sound quality and thus the most epic gaming experience of your life but empty your pockets in the process.
Similarly, budget-friendly options often mean you will be compromising on a number of features.
- Would Logitech solve that problem for you?
Absolutely! This brand has spent a long time and a great deal of effort to manufacture what we would like to call “the next best generation of headsets“.
You don’t have to take our words for it. Sit back as we run you through a detailed comparison of two amazing products in the world of headphone: Logitech G230 vs G430.
Logitech G230 vs G430: Quick Overview
If you are a real music-lover you would understand the need of stereo speakers to create a richer sound experience. This is one point in the design where Logitech G230 takes the lead as it has a stereo feature that G430 is lacking.
- Furthermore, G230 can also be folded to allow for easier storage.
Besides that, both the devices come with a 2.3 m long cable, a comfortably-formed over-the-ear cups, and a straight plug for more convenient use.
- High Quality Stereo Sound for Gaming
- DTS Headphone: X and Dolby 7; 1 surround Sound: experience an immersive 360 degree sound field that lets you hear what you can't see
Considering that G430 is an upgraded model, you might be expecting a sound-quality enhancement. However, that is not the case. Both the headphones offer the same frequency range (20 Hz to 20,000 Hz).
- They are also equipped with a passive noise reduction and noise cancellation feature.
The impedance level is set at 32 ohms whereas the sound pressure level for both, Logitech G230 and G430, is 90 dB/mW.
Surprisingly, there is not any difference in the microphone abilities either. Both the products carry mic sensitivity of 40 dBV/Pa
FYI! For those of you who are not aware, “mic sensitivity” is defined as the “loudness of the sound that can easily be catched by the microphone”.
The next difference that you would be able to spot with Logitech G230 vs G430 is with the connectivity options. Although both of these have a 3.5 mm male connector, only G430 is compatible with PlayStation.
- Moreover, Logitech G230 and G430 have a mute function and an in-line control panel for easy operation. Logitech G430 also supports Dolby Digital.
Are you still confused about which one to choose? Let us have a look at the pros, cons, and features of Logitech G230 vs G430 to give you a clearer picture.
Brand Name: Logitech G | Model Number: 981-000541 | Color: Black/Red | Batteries: 1 Lithium Metal Batteries | Dimensions: 9.84 x 8.98 x 4.33 inches | Weight: 8.8 ounces
Enjoy an immersive gaming and music experience with stereo sound setup that also keeps out noises to let you focus on the real action. Check Price from Amazon
Logitech G230 Review
As far as the design of Logitech G230 is concerned, you will find a simple outlook with a plain black matte finish. In contrast, the padding an ear muffs are red. Both the ear bands and cups are adjustable so you can place them according to your own comfort.
- The ear padding can also be removed in case you want to clean or wash it.
G230 is a perfect mix of light-weight but solid design so the headphones don’t slip off your head but they also don’t make you feel like you are being squeezed.
Note! Although many new designs have been launched in the market, G230 was not deprived of its share of features either.
The product has a microphone with a good sensitivity level and a frequency range of 100 Hz to 20,000 kHz. You can also flip the mic up or down and bend it around for adjustment.
It also contains volume control and mutton button at the centre with LEDs indication their activity status. Furthermore, the headphones have an active noise-cancellation feature which is a great catch when you are trying to work in a noisy room.
If your sole focus is on the sound quality then you may find they Logitech G230 is not comparable with many high-end options in the market. Although Skype calls and casual gaming experience will turn out to be good, pop or metal music would not be that satisfactory.
Sound quality coupled with the fact that these cost $59.99 is the reason many users prefer to explore other choices instead. Nonetheless, Logitech G230 excels at creating an enhanced stereo sound experience with good bass and clear high sound.
Comfortable Design and Fit
- This product with a matte black finish and red padding is not only a treat for ears but for eyes as well.
- The headphones are light with flexible moving parts giving you an edge to tailoring it according to your head.
- The ear cups are heat and sweat-resistant. These can also be removed, washed or replaced.
- 40 mm neodymium drivers provide high-level stereo sound to complement your powerful gaming session.
- Enjoy the immersive gaming as the headsets keep out any noise for you to focus solely on the action.
Impeccable Sound Quality For Gaming
- Considering the cheap price tag, the solid sound delivered by the headphones is commendable. There are no breaks even at max volume.
- The sound quality is good enough to provide immersive gameplay and keep out the extra noise.
- Furthermore, there are no sound leakages from the ear cups so you can enjoy the loud play without disturbing anybody else in the room.
- The rubber sheath on the mic is flexible so you can easily move it away or close to your mouth.
- Although the microphone does have an active noise-cancelling feature, its performance is somewhat bleak
- Users have also pointed out that the output levels are low so you can expect some troubles when using communications apps such as Skype.
- The music experience is great partly because of the direct injection of the microphone into the computer that takes care of minor leaks giving a more clear output.
- You can hear your favourite songs with a more sensible treble and a balanced bass.
Brand Name: Logitech G | Model Number: 981-000537 | Color: Black | Batteries: 2 AA Batteries | Dimensions: 3.22 x 7.17 x 6.77 inches | Weight: 10.6 ounces
A feature built in to provide 360-degree sound experience so you can enjoy gaming like you are on the battlefield yourself! Check Price from Amazon
Logitech G430 Review
First thing, you have to appreciate the manufacturers for a fantastic G430 design. In fact, these have been ranked as one of the “best looking headsets” to ever land in the market.
- The Logitech gaming logo on either side gives an even more interesting look to the headphones.
The build-in terms of durability have downgraded, nonetheless, the plastic body makes it extremely comfortable to wear without tiring your ears. The thick padding will feel equally nice and the ear cups can be moulded as well to fit better.
As Logitech G430 is an updated version, you can expect to see a lot of additions in the product features. The first of these is the in-line control and the extra-long braided cable that will make it easier for you to move around.
On top of that, the headphones are also compatible with Dolby Digital and 7.1 surround sound. It looks like these would be taking your gaming experience a step higher!
- Much like Logitech G230, this headset also comes with adjustable mic however the flexibility is far less and the mic almost always goes back to its original position.
Furthermore, G430 is compatible with almost all the gaming devices including PlayStation, Nintendo, and Xbox One. Another big catch is that the headsets are moderately priced.
Considering a long list of additional features it has compared to G230, the price is only a bit higher ($79.99).
The Best Looking Headphones In The Market
- The ear-pads are made of breathable material so your ears are not soaked in sweat by the time you finish.
- Best part? You can wash the whole thing! Every part, from the protective cloth to the pads, is removable and washable.
Compatibility With Consoles
- The headphones have an in-built 3.5 dual input port for USB adapters.
- This allows it to work with a range of different consoles including Nintendo and PlayStation.
- The mic has a good sensitivity level and the players can also enjoy playback while gaming.
- Many users were disappointed to find out that the mic can but off their voice when there is too much noise in the background.
- Solution: Reduce mic sound level to 0, setup channel at 48000 Hz 16 bit (DVD quality).
In-line Controller and Buttons
- Unlike Logitech G230, this pair of headphone is equipped with the user-friendly in-line controller.
- This would help you mute the microphone or adjust the volume levels as per your liking.
- There are no other programmable buttons that which might be a disappointment for users who love customization.
Dolby 7.1 and Surround Sound
- These features make it a perfect choice for an immersive gaming experience.
- Dolby 7.1 is an addition that is mostly not available in most headsets with this price range.
- Furthermore, there is a gaming software that would let you customize the sound as per your liking.
Logitech G230 vs G430: Final Verdict
You can’t decide between Logitech G230 vs G430 on the basis of comfort and flexibility in use as both the headsets are pretty good in this aspect. Moreover, the price difference is also inconsiderable at such similar values.
However, the products do vary in the sound quality that they provide. This is the reason most customers tend to go with G430 as it provides a reasonable surround system. Nonetheless, G230, when equipped with the right sound card, can also step up the game with stereo music.
Are you going to try one of these? Then don’t forget to share your experience in the comment section below!